PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

franb
12/06/2009, 07:23 PM
my tank has been running for 6 months now but not very much growth of coraline algae the bit that i had bleached out white but have some purple.my corals i don;t think have great growth either here are the tanks parameters:
75 gal -30 gal sump
vertex in 180 skimmer
nova extreme pro 48" 6 bulb fixture
salinity:1.025 refractometer
phos:0 api test
ammonia:0 api test
nitrate:0 api test
nitrite:0 api test
calcium:340-360 mg/L api test
alkalinity:10dkH api test
mag:not tested
i do around 15g water changes every two weeks i use instant ocean.my question is i know that my calcium is low so what would be your suggestions on how to bring that up 2 part or kalk.any help would be appreciated.

bertoni
12/06/2009, 07:43 PM
A calcium chloride supplement like Turbo Calcium is fine for raising calcium. Kalk is too dilute and high in pH to do much along those lines. The calcium part of a 2-part is fine, but it'd be more expensive per unit of calcium.

Those parameters are all fine, otherwise. If the phosphate level is high, that might cause problems for coralline, or the issue might be food and lighting. Hard to say.

franb
12/06/2009, 08:03 PM
forgot to mention that ph is7.6 to 8.0

Billybeau1
12/06/2009, 08:45 PM
I'd get your calcium up a little for starters. Magnesium could probably use a one time boost as well.

Kents Turbo Calcium or Seachems Reef Complete are two good choices for this as well as the diy formulas if you like to tinker.

Your pH is fine.