PDA

View Full Version : DA Does it again....

mixer911
12/10/2009, 10:13 AM
Maybe one day...

Direct quote from their support site Posted Last Night.

"The myReef application from Digital Aquatics is still in development. This project has experienced delays as we continue working to put the needed system infrastructure in place to support the application. Because the myReef application is completely dependant on the ReefKeeper’s communication, this is clearly a priority for us. While we were optimistic that we would be able to hit our target release, it is now clear that this will not happen.

Based on a number of changes here at Digital Aquatics, we anticipate completion of myReef around the first part of April. This is an attempt to provide a reasonable target given our work load and resources. As stated before, there is always some give and take, things come up that push schedules around and are unavoidable. We are committed to being flexible to the needs of our business to insure we’re able to continue to offer low cost control solutions (in this case free,) to our customers. myReef is still an important part of the ReefKeeper system and we are committed to releasing this application. However, we will not release the software until it meets the standards we’ve set for it.

Thank you,
Digital Aquatics"

NeveSSL
12/13/2009, 09:06 PM

At least its free. :p

Brandon

mixer911
12/13/2009, 10:50 PM
so was mine :p http://sites.google.com/site/acserial2web/

and I can actually use mine. It's not this mystical promise. :frog:

NeveSSL
12/13/2009, 10:53 PM
You know, at one point, you, too were a mystical promise. Just a sparkle in Melvin's eye.

:lol:

Brandon

mixer911
12/13/2009, 10:56 PM
LMAO :lol:

andywe
12/13/2009, 11:09 PM
It's actually not the web control (which had no release date attached to it) that was delayed. it was the MyReef software for the PC. Still it slipped, but alas for good reasons. I would rather they release a product that works than something full of bugs. Been through that scenario with various software platforms before

mixer911
12/13/2009, 11:31 PM
It's actually not the web control (which had no release date attached to it) that was delayed. it was the MyReef software for the PC. Still it slipped, but alas for good reasons. I would rather they release a product that works than something full of bugs. Been through that scenario with various software platforms before

So you mean you have to wait even longer for web control :(

Very true about buggy software, but they have promised it to a lot of people for a long time. I bet it will still be buggy after the release, because you know as well as I that is the nature of software, mostly when your under the gun to get it out. I think now they will really have to hold up to this date or there will be some pretty upset folks. Thne if it is buggy, ha. Also I have heard it is only VB based, so it cannot be that complex.

Meanwhile they can work on a HerpKeeper :confused:. I think I would finish one product before venturing into another line.

NeveSSL
12/13/2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah, bugs are no good. But I do have to admit I was bummed that they were pushing it back. Oh well... more time for corals to grow, I guess. :)

Brandon

NeveSSL
12/13/2009, 11:33 PM
... I think I would finish one product before venturing into another line.

Nah... I'm hoping for continuous new modules and fun stuff, regardless of other lines. :)

Brandon

mixer911
12/13/2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, bugs are no good. But I do have to admit I was bummed that they were pushing it back. Oh well... more time for corals to grow, I guess. :)

Brandon

It helps if you Dip before you put the corals in the tank first. This should help the bug issue ;)

mixer911
12/13/2009, 11:34 PM
Nah... I'm hoping for continuous new modules and fun stuff, regardless of other lines. :)

Brandon

hahaha, I know you like the "gimmics" :D

NeveSSL
12/13/2009, 11:34 PM
"I place my coral in the dip... when I dip, you dip, we dip!"

:eek1:

NeveSSL
12/13/2009, 11:35 PM
Granted, gimmics that work, but yes, I love gimmics. I should tell you about my dream guitar rig one day. :lol:

Or even better, my dream home server... wait, just did that over pig last week. Haha!

Brandon

poolkeeper1
12/14/2009, 09:27 PM

Brandon
New software Is great, They should at least tell you that you have a yet to be released version of the RKL! After 8 hrs of guessing how to program the Darn thing and having to wipe It clean and start over because It would read gibberish If you were lucky to get past the time and date. Then have some new Switch port program for an ATO that left me wanting to throw It against the wall I finally figured It out. Just a simple thing like some Instructions would go a long way In making It a little easier to set one up. Plus after 45min on hold to support I just got a message that they were not taking any more live calls to send an E-mail describing my problems:blown::blown::blown:
DA Customer service Is non Existence, This Is the second time I've been dissappointed with my purchase but It will be the last!:mad2:
Bill:bigeyes:
PS If my comments dissappear I wont be suprised It seems any negative comments about their products just go away...:fun2:

mixer911
12/14/2009, 11:12 PM
New software Is great, They should at least tell you that you have a yet to be released version of the RKL! After 8 hrs of guessing how to program the Darn thing and having to wipe It clean and start over because It would read gibberish If you were lucky to get past the time and date. Then have some new Switch port program for an ATO that left me wanting to throw It against the wall I finally figured It out. Just a simple thing like some Instructions would go a long way In making It a little easier to set one up. Plus after 45min on hold to support I just got a message that they were not taking any more live calls to send an E-mail describing my problems:blown::blown::blown:
DA Customer service Is non Existence, This Is the second time I've been dissappointed with my purchase but It will be the last!:mad2:
Bill:bigeyes:
PS If my comments dissappear I wont be suprised It seems any negative comments about their products just go away...:fun2:

Bill I think a lot of people are seeing the light with DA. You can read it all over the forums before they are deleted. They are trying to push the envelope, which is a good thing, but technically they cannot keep up with their own progress. I have seen Scott admit to this numerous times in threads. That scares me as a consumer spending up to a grand on controller that controls your prized possesion. Just my opnion, but i think they should focus on a few simple modules first, get the my reef released, then work on the gadget "gimmic" (I know you guys love this) modules, IE salinity monitor. I think everyone out their would rather have the capability to program or for that matter even just view their controller remotely before monitoring their salinity or their herp cage :lol:. At least they have the Net control available for my RKL now, too bad I can't use it yet without any software.

supertech99
12/15/2009, 10:09 AM
It's catching up with them, at least on a small scale. I was gonna get one when they dropped the price on the RKL but after all the poor customer service comments that I saw on RC and bad directions comments in many different threads I decided that I could not afford to spend that kind of money on something that could possibally end up not being used...i.e. to pricey of a risk. Took me forever on their website to figure out what all I would need to control what I wanted. Victim or their own success I guess.

ZachB
12/15/2009, 11:53 AM
So happy I went with the Apex from Neptune :)

poolkeeper1
12/15/2009, 05:57 PM
So happy I went with the Apex from Neptune :)
After all the time I spent programming that RKL when I checked the tank this morning the heater, Fuge pump,cooling fans all were not working like programed! Tried again today and redid them, Guess we'll see tomorrow If It works overnight? My My...
Bill:blown:

PS. Aquacave sent me an E-mail with tracking Info for the RKL I ordered on 12/9/09 sating It will ship tomorrow. LMAO but called to Inform them I already had It!!!:frog: