PDA

View Full Version : Programming help

jdfenn81
12/10/2009, 02:22 PM
Okay so I have a 45 gallon barrel with one float switch at the top and one at the bottom. I am wanting to turn a selenoid on and off when the bottom switch is open and turn the selenoid off when the top switch is closed. I have them both wired to the breakout box. Top switch one wire into port L1 and the other wire into port 6. Bottom switch inot port L2 and other wire into port 6.

If Switch 2 is open Then SN1 ON
If Switch 2 is closed Then SN1 ON
If Switch 1 is open Then SN1 ON
If Switch 1 is closed Then SN1 OFF

you guys see anything I am doing wrong.

thanks

jeff

kenargo
12/10/2009, 02:25 PM
You might want to take a look at my programming example on my webpage...

There is an example that is specifically for filling an RO makeup tank with backup safety to prevent the water from running too long...

jdfenn81
12/10/2009, 03:17 PM
I noticed you have your switches labeled like this

ROB&-P02 // RO/DI makeup out of water
ROT&-P01 // RO/DI reserve getting low

What is the PO2 and PO1.

I have my selenoids hooked into my second DC8 in the C1 and C2 plug ins. Is there something there.

The switch shows up open and closed on the display but it wont turn the selenoid on and off.

swearint
12/10/2009, 04:55 PM
Okay so I have a 45 gallon barrel with one float switch at the top and one at the bottom. I am wanting to turn a selenoid on and off when the bottom switch is open and turn the selenoid off when the top switch is closed. I have them both wired to the breakout box. Top switch one wire into port L1 and the other wire into port 6. Bottom switch inot port L2 and other wire into port 6.

If Switch 2 is open Then SN1 ON
If Switch 2 is closed Then SN1 ON
If Switch 1 is open Then SN1 ON
If Switch 1 is closed Then SN1 OFF

you guys see anything I am doing wrong.

thanks

jeff

If that is not a typo, then Switch 2 is not serving any purpose since both conditions, OPEN and CLOSED, are set to turn the solenoid ON.

So how exactly is the solenoid behaving? Will it turn ON but not OFF? Vice versa? And is this for an AC3 or APEX?

Todd

kenargo
12/10/2009, 05:22 PM
I noticed you have your switches labeled like this

ROB&-P02 // RO/DI makeup out of water
ROT&-P01 // RO/DI reserve getting low

What is the PO2 and PO1.

I have my selenoids hooked into my second DC8 in the C1 and C2 plug ins. Is there something there.

The switch shows up open and closed on the display but it wont turn the selenoid on and off.

P01 and P02 are dummy addresses and are there so I can see the state of the switches on the display but I think you might be looking in the wrong place...

Look on the Q&A page:

P1) I want my RO/DI unit to fill my reservoir automatically, but not over fill it. (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/P1.html)