PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Fish is acting strange.

Packersfan21
12/11/2009, 07:38 PM
I have a red head fairy wrasse that has been acting very strange these past few days. A couple days ago I noticed that it was sitting on a piece of liverock breathing heavy, and I thought it was going to die that night. But when I came back from school the next day he came out to eat then went back behind the liverock. Today its been pretty much of the same thing, but now it sometimes slowly swims in circles??? There is not damage to any of its fins and it appears to have no diseases. No other fish in the tank are having any problems so I'm really not sure whats wrong with it. I've had the fish for almost two months now and this the first time this has occured. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

theyammieguy
12/11/2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure if this disease applies to the wrasse but read this thread and see if it's has the same symptoms.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1754324

Chiefsurfer
12/11/2009, 09:24 PM
1, how long have you had the fish?
2, water parameters?
3, what, if anything, has changed since this fish has been acting as it has?
4, recently use ANY kind of medicine?

All this kinda stuff needs to be anywhere near accurate diagnosis. I think the coloring would have been a definite description in the OP's explanation.

Packersfan21
12/12/2009, 01:27 PM
I don't think it's brook because the fish's color is normal and he's still eating.

1. almost 2 months
2.water params are normal except for nitrate which is a little high but no too bad.
3. nothing really, the fish was acting normal just a couple hours before i noticed before it was acting strange
4. no

Fish is still behind the liverock but seems to be a little better. It's still breathing heavily though.

Packersfan21
12/13/2009, 11:12 AM
Bump.

Packersfan21
08/07/2010, 11:13 PM
It's been a while but the fish ended up being fine. Unfortunately just a few days ago and haven't seen it since. No body or anything.