PDA

View Full Version : Rimless Aquarium

butchik
12/13/2009, 12:47 AM
Is there anyplace in NJ where I can order a rimless aquarium? I'm looking into getting a 40 gallon breeder or somewhere close to its footprint. So far, the only source I know is Glasscages.com. Any help is appreciated.

Sisterlimonpot
12/13/2009, 12:59 AM
[welcome]
have you checked you're local forum? I would ask your question here (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)

fragboy94
12/13/2009, 12:59 AM
i wouldnt trust glass cages with a rimless they are not very strong they skimp on streangthening a tank first tank i started out wit was a 50 rimless from glass cages bowed real bad then cracked luckily i planned ahead and put towels down every night to be safe sucked up most the water my friend that had the same problem but his didnt crack but he sent it back after 2 weeks

Remn
12/13/2009, 03:02 AM
fragboy, thanks for the heads up.. I've actually considered glass cages for my next rimless tank build, but hearing what happened to you is making me think twice now. I guess I'll look to another company then..

butchik
12/13/2009, 07:05 AM
Sisterlimonpot - Thanks for the link, I posted my question there as well.

Fragboy - Thanks for the warning, I too am now thinking twice ordering from them. Hopefully I'll get a good recommendation from the NJ forum.

ultimatemusky
12/13/2009, 10:34 AM
I have a rimless Oceanic 57 gal Illuminata(reef ready w/center overflow), it seems very well built no issues, I am very happy so far. It has the same footprint as a 40 breeder. They retail for approx. $300 for standard tank and $400 for reef ready with the overflow kit included.