PDA

View Full Version : Dec. Meeting=Awesome

Deep Thief
12/13/2009, 03:03 AM
Dec meeting was awesome. Thanks much to everyone. I attended the meeting, I have never been to one and was looking to see what it was all about. I talked to some of the fine folks from the NTRC. There were just a few from the MTRC. This was a very informal meeting. I loved it. Most brought some sort of goodie to munch on, cookies, cheese & crackers, soda and the such. My daughter loved this part.

The clubs put on a raffle where some of the members brought some frags to be given away and some equipment also. I do not have my tank up and running yet(will be in approx. 1-2 weeks) yet I had two different people offer to hold anything for me until I get it straight. There were things raffled that the store contributed also. These included a 75gal tank that they got in on trade, they didn't want and the lights to go with it.

They broke this up and raffled them seperate, Woo Hoo, as I won the tank!!! I have not even joined yet and am sent home with a drilled and overflowed 75 gallon tank. How can you ask for more. Well the store did offer more, anything that night, 25% off. Everyone there was just awesome and super nice. A special thanks to Terrie & Terry, Rocky, and Wayne. I look forward to seeing more from the MTRC at the frag swap in Jan. The 75 won't be set up by then so I will be limited on what I come home with.

Again, I just wanted to say to everyone, THANKS for the hospitality you have shown me and I look forward to meeting more. Sorry more of you couldn't make it. You missed a great time. Mark

nightfire
12/13/2009, 06:16 AM
i missed out,having one car with a wife and 2 kids is kinda hard + over spending for xmas lol i will be at the swap in january though...and won a 75 gallon tank......*** lol my luck sucks donkey bazz lol though i'll be happy with my 55 til we move and i can have a special spot for a huge system :D ill be happy to win a sump and maybe some salt lol maybeeeeeeee a lemonpeel lol

tkimmons85
12/13/2009, 10:28 AM
Really bummed out I missed the meeting guys. Unfortunatley my grandma was admitted to intensive care last night with pnemonia and anemia. So to say the least I was at the hospital. Sounds like the meeting went well.

nightfire
12/13/2009, 10:32 AM
am sorry to hear about your grand mother,best wishes to her bud

Deep Thief
12/13/2009, 01:50 PM
Really bummed out I missed the meeting guys. Unfortunatley my grandma was admitted to intensive care last night with pnemonia and anemia. So to say the least I was at the hospital. Sounds like the meeting went well.

Very sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with her and you. Mark

tkimmons85
12/13/2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys for all the nice thoughts. I just got back from the hospital and if everything goes well they are hoping to release her next fri. Im glad you all had a good meeting sounded like it was a good time. I'll definatley look forward to seeing everybody at the frag swap.

sandalscout
12/13/2009, 05:49 PM
tkimmons, glad to hear that front is looking well. That sort of stuff is bad enough when it happens, even more so right before Christmas.

Thanks to Wayne and Norman for making it up and for contributing the Koralia. It WAS a good meeting. Thanks to Pet Palace for letting us have it there and for the raffle items.

It was nice to meet everyone with an interest in the clubs, hope to see you around.

Next up, FRAG SWAP!

waynesworld
12/15/2009, 09:54 AM
Ya it was a great meeting I always like going up and seeing all the priends up north. I also thaught it was neet that only 4 people didn't get there number called in the drawing although it was neet that a few passed on winning the tank :) I was one of the 4 and was wondering if my wife would understand if I came home with another tank.

NeveSSL
12/15/2009, 10:17 AM
Wow! Wish I could have made the meeting! I somehow missed they were giving away a 75g. I was working on my take home final, though. :-/

Brandon

sandalscout
12/15/2009, 10:34 PM
Excuses, Excuses! haha, we only found out about the tank when we got there. I heard a rumor that they had a tank to give away, but didn't have any details.

DMBillies
12/16/2009, 11:35 AM
I was working on my take home final, though. :-/
This is a person who just doesn't know his priorities.

Of course, my excuse was that my "in-laws" were in town for the first time from PA. Perhaps that should have been more motivation to go to the meeting, but I don't think they would have quite seen it that way.

Deep Thief
12/16/2009, 01:16 PM
This is a person who just doesn't know his priorities.

Of course, my excuse was that my "in-laws" were in town for the first time from PA. Perhaps that should have been more motivation to go to the meeting, but I don't think they would have quite seen it that way.

It would have been ok, they would go back to PA sooner or later:lol: You might have to deal with the other half though.