PDA

View Full Version : Help spread the word

AQD_ottawa
12/13/2009, 02:52 PM
Well we all love our controller right?

Something I do not see much of is profiLux users talking about their system outside this forum though :(

We often see threads of XX controller vs YY controller but never XX controller vs ProfiLux or suggesting profiLux to other people even though everyone is so pleased with the system and what the future holds.

So dont be shy ;) feel free to shout about your experiences in threads that ask about what controller. :celeb1: We appreciate your support in making this great brand not just a product but a community ;)

tnoblett
12/13/2009, 11:40 PM
I need help spreading the word when someone just wants to just "plug and Play"! Not very computer "smart".

I sold my local dealer on the unit almost 8 months ago and they still have not set it up right...

They purchased the PII EX with SMS and it has been sitting "sort of working" in the back room in one of their minor tanks. I thought the dealer would have helped set it up and followed-up, but nothing. Maybe something to help the new customer get started and follow-up to keep them excited...

It took me a while to really understand... Maybe just a simple phone call or e-mail linking to this forum...

tnoblett
12/13/2009, 11:56 PM
Another thought...

Maybe, when you register the unit (I didn't see that request) they can ask for you to e-mail them with future upgrades and specials.

I just added a new router and they would not allow me to continue without an e-mail!

I don't want that much pushing, but maybe an upgrade e-mail will help them stay imformed. They won't look for forums like this, but will ask their dealer for them if they receive new informtion about it.

When I talked to them about the new pIII upgrade, they did't know anything about it. More importantly, they were angry that they "had" a chance to replace their SMS unit with the pIII web based set-up. The iPhone app and internet access is a key feature for their services. All they needed to do was set it up and moniter their clients from the shop. No time wasted traveling to their home.

Anyway, talk to the clients directly with our help...

AQD_ottawa
12/14/2009, 07:40 AM
Your Right Spread the Word - We see this a lot, we ship multiple units to multiple dealers and never hear a thing, the next thing we hear from a client is "they never had time to set it up"

Unless dealers contact us for help it is impossible to know how to help :(

ProfiLux is very simple to set up, but as with everything what is simple to one person is not to another, and this varies on all things in all walks.

All i can say is I am here to help as always ;)

Here to help - This is something we are launching in january, there will be a registration slip in all controllers with a simple request to email us the serial number and email address for contact, we will then be sending out ProfiLux news as it happens.

This will be retrospective and we will be asking for everyone here to participate.

anne08
12/21/2009, 10:39 PM
You shut down most/all of your US dealers, so people that never heard about RC. They will never hear about your controllers.

I noticed this because all of the threads regarding to your dealers are gone.

I spoke to Tod at Cherry Corals and the reason why they nolonger carry your product. Dude you need your vendors, they are the one will help push and advertise your products.

Most retailers will try to talk good and pushes the product that they have instock. But this is just my 2 cents.

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2009, 07:06 AM
Hi

I always appreciate feedback :)

We shut down ONLY basement op stores, due to the massive issues with them, some we did not even know where basement stores which was half of the trouble. In return we have since then been steadily building a more stable network working with highly professional dealers that we feel will not be gone in 6 months. So yes we have dealers.

Here are some new ones that are coming more stock holding in the new year

Extreme marine
Coral Corral
Fish World
Aquaroum Consultants
Berkel Tropical
Johnnies reefing experience
VIP reef
Salt water fantaseas
Ashville aquarium
Reef Culture

We have also heard from Greg at Reef Geek that may wish to stock GHL and also Enrico at aqua cave.

skibum9884
12/22/2009, 09:27 AM
try and get into greenwich aquaria, i think that's exactly your target market. they have a beautiful store with high end stuff and knowledgeable staff, and customers that are willing to spend a bit more for the best!

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2009, 09:32 AM
Hi

We already have a presence there, Jason has full access to the product line.

The biggest issue however with all larger stores is their requirement for 80% plus margins and there is no way the market can entertain that anymore, this would put the cost of your profiLux up to unreasonable levels.

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2009, 09:34 AM
If you are in the New York area, please support Berkel Tropical in Astoria, Alex carries a full range of ProfiLux and Fauna marin and is a great guy to deal with

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2009, 11:32 AM
Bulk reef supply have also stated they are looking at carrying the product brand in the new year.

Doahh
12/22/2009, 01:25 PM
Oops supposed to be a pm

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks Josh, much appreciated.

We do have an incentive program where if you get a dealer to sign up to GHL, on the first stock order over $1,500 you get a $100 credit for GHL or Fauna marin products to be spent at that store.

Regards
Michael

jdrabek
12/22/2009, 04:03 PM
I mentioned this to Premium Aquatics and hope they consider it. I order most of my equipment and supplies from them. They have great customer service, product selection and I like that they are centrally located in the US.

AQD_ottawa
12/22/2009, 04:13 PM
Hi

Thanks, good to know, we have always found very high margin demands to be a big hold back with the larger stores.

squirrel
12/28/2009, 11:04 AM
do you have a dealer in TN?

AQD_ottawa
12/28/2009, 11:59 AM
Not at present but please feel free to talk to any local retailer and we can set them up. If they become a supplier and order over $1,500 of stock, you get a $100 credit for GHL or Fauna marin products to be spent at that store.