PDA

View Full Version : Information on jbj or oceanic biocube

DAVE D
12/13/2009, 07:57 PM
Hello I would like to get infomation on a small set up for my 14 teen year old son. I would like to know if the Oceanic 29 gal is better set up than the 28 gal JBJ:confused: Please help I would like to get him one. I just do not know the pros/cons. :fish2:

Flipper62
12/13/2009, 09:08 PM
I have the Oceanic BioCube.....I love it. They are really for the most part the same, just different brands.

Remn
12/13/2009, 09:28 PM
Hey Dave, the main difference is the type of lighting in the hood they come with. The metal halides closed tops will require a chiller, whereas power compacts you can get away without one depending on ambient temperature, but you have more of a limited selection of corals. You can always go open top with metal halides which won't require a chiller depending on ambient temps and allow a more variety of corals.

But if it were me, I'd go with Cadlights 39g (cadlights.com) :D

ramblinreefer
12/14/2009, 12:00 AM
They are virtually the same. I know that JBJ does have a factory upgrade that features metal halides. Both versions of the JBJs include 4 LED moon lights. I wasn't impressed with the Biocube moonlights, which only had three.

Flipper62
12/14/2009, 01:52 AM
I wasn't impressed with the Biocube moonlights, which only had three.

???? why

They are only moon lights.... They do a great job as being moon lights

There not made to light up the tank.....Hence the name MOON....:dance: