PDA

View Full Version : is a lionfish the answer?

lmh11706
12/13/2009, 10:55 PM
always wanted one-i have a couple of small 1-1/4-1/2 inch long hitch-hiking mantis-or pistol on some beautiful TBS live rock and i know where they are-i actually see the heads and pinchers sticking out but i really hate the idea of pulling out the live rock and and maybe losing alot of other life by pouring R/O water on it or whatever-so i wonder if a medium sized lionfish which eats live shrimp would go after them and solve the problem for me-i also have a couple of real small gorilla crabs-i wonder if it would pic them off too

i have had a small mantis in my previous tank and like this one i have never had a fish killed at the hands of a mantis-the cleaning crew yes-but no fish-in fact my lawnmower blenny landed-i mean on top of one of these guys a couple of days ago and sat there a good 45 seconds-1 minute and the mantis did nothing-after the fish moved the mantis's head popped back out

so maybe the mantis would hide all the time with the lionfish in and the hermits and snails would be safer- and the mantis wouldnt go after the lionfish because its never done fish in my tanks.