PDA

View Full Version : Is there any type of extension cord for the AC JR?

MarineGirl411
12/17/2009, 12:52 PM
Some of my equipment will be in a closet, but my lights will be by my tank. I wanted the AC Jr in my stand, but the cord will not reach. Is there any type of
extension cord available? Or anything I can do to resolve this issue? TY

kenargo
12/17/2009, 03:11 PM
Can you be more specific; which cable are you wanting to extend (yes, most of them canbe extended somewhat)?

MarineGirl411
12/17/2009, 03:45 PM
The cable that looks like a telephone cord. Would it also work if I used extension cords on the lights, return pump, closed loop pump, and heater?

kenargo
12/17/2009, 05:41 PM
The phone cord as you call it is the control cable and is a standard 4-wire (very important to be 4 wire) phone cord. The spec distance is 10' but many people have used high-quality wire to get distances up to 50'.

Hope this helps.

ciphros
12/18/2009, 05:11 PM
I made my own from Cat5 (ethernet) wire and have a cable that's roughly 100' and has been working for about a year without issue. It is run where there's no other electrical cables or anything that can cause interference, but works great for getting signal from my area behind the tank out to the chiller in the garage.

FroMan
12/28/2009, 09:34 PM
The phone cord as you call it is the control cable and is a standard 4-wire (very important to be 4 wire) phone cord. The spec distance is 10' but many people have used high-quality wire to get distances up to 50'.

Hope this helps.

Ken or anyone else out there, do you have a suggestion on the cable type to go x>10 feet? Cat 5 or 6 ether net w/ the approprate phone connectors on the end?