PDA

View Full Version : MultiController 7096 not able to show in my laptop

stanlyyau
12/18/2009, 07:59 AM
My new Multicontroller 7096 not able to detect by by my laptop.

The error msg shown at the left bottom of the program is " No Unit Found"

Can I know why its happen and how do I solve it?

Thanks

rvitko
12/18/2009, 10:34 AM
First make sure the port is USB 2.0, it won't work on USB 1.0 or 1.1. Download the latest program from Tunze.com after uninstalling the existing one. The new program has a longer delay. If this still does not work, try a shorter USB cable.

stanlyyau
12/23/2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks Roger,

However, I had tried out your suggestion and the problem still not yet solve.
Kindly refer to the below photo, its a print screen when the program is not function after I connect with the 7096 Multicontroller.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/stanlyyau/7096.jpg
I am using the original USB cable from Tunze.

Please advise.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

rvitko
12/23/2009, 11:35 AM
Try a shorter USB cable, if you have a spare from a printer or any other device that is USB A to USB A and shorter it should solve the problem. The long cable is sometimes too long for some computers.

stanlyyau
12/24/2009, 01:34 PM
Just get a 1meter USB cable to try out but it still in the same result.
Meanwhile, I try on another laptop, it show the same result which the program shown " no unit found"

I suspect it's the com/port setting on my laptop but I have no idea to solve the problem.

Please advice.

Thanks

phil519
12/25/2009, 12:58 PM
I would keep trying. I plug my unit in and sometimes it picks up immediately - but other times it will say "no unit found". I shut down the app and launch it again immediately.

Runfrumu
12/25/2009, 04:38 PM
My Powerhead has to be plugged in before I open the program on my computer or it will not pick it up? If I plug the pump up before I open the program I have to open close it then reopen it.

Bryan
12/26/2009, 04:31 AM
Do you have any other USB devices connected such as a Bluetooth. If so disconnect them. My Bluetooth will cause the same problem as you are experiencing.

My new Multicontroller 7096 not able to detect by by my laptop.

The error msg shown at the left bottom of the program is " No Unit Found"

Can I know why its happen and how do I solve it?

Thanks

rishma
12/26/2009, 03:16 PM
I have the same issue with my laptop if it is not plugged into the AC outlet. If on battery power only, I get the unit not found message.

If I plug in the computer, I recognizes it every time.

rvitko
12/29/2009, 09:16 AM
I am not a computer expert by any means. I actually use Macs so I don't have to really know anything technical and can still get my job done. I do know that low USB power would be a definite culprit as Rishma said, the pumps do not need to be connected. As far as setting the Com port, I believe this is in the my computer/settings header, we have a computer here with Windows we use for UPS shipping and I will try to figure it out later today. In March a new Windows program and a Mac version will be available which should solve most of these issues.