PDA

View Full Version : Major issues

Falconi
12/19/2009, 01:05 AM
My Aq just started doing some strange things, first it dumped my first pu and then it only recognized 4 of the 8 plugs. Now all probes (ph & orp) read as temperature as well as the pc interface reads as temp and the second power bar will not connect it says it is unknown. I managed to reprogram level and temp programs and all timer programs work on the one pu I can get to work.I cannot use any probes for ph or orp and I cannot connect to the computer.Any ideas?

Falconi
12/19/2009, 12:51 PM
Ok Guys here's what I did. I replaced my two ph interfaces and my orp interface as they all read as temperature. The new interfaces all read as they should and probes seem to be working. If i try to connect the pu that failed originally it doesn't recognize this pu. So I think that what happened was the one pu failed and took out all interfaces with it. Can these interfaces be repaired as well as the pu or am I better off to just replace the pu with a new one? Thanx.

dbond
12/20/2009, 09:34 PM
I guess it depends if its under warranty or not, if not I would think the pu would be worth sending in for repair but the repair costs on the interfaces may be cheaper just to get new, although if it was me I would send all components in and ask if AQ can give you an explanation of what happened first Ive heard of a pu taking out interfaces.

RobbyG
12/23/2009, 06:45 PM
I agree with dbond, send them the PU and the modules and see what they say. My only hesitation would be if water had gotten into the PU. If that is the case, just about anything could blow and they are not even going to consider any warranty stuff on salt soaked components.

coffeenut
01/12/2010, 06:55 AM
I bet you did an update to the software.... Last year i did the 7.x update and it took out 3 of my PH modules and they were reading as temp also...

AQ should replace them.... if you complain.. loud enough... but read my other post about shipping to Italy...( its the thread about replacement tubing...)