PDA

View Full Version : Help asap to fix protien skimmer

Reef_Dart21
12/20/2009, 03:42 PM
My protien skimmer is only one year old and the pump is working but the bubbles are not as "dense" as last time causing the top to just overflow with clean water instead of algea, what do i do?

saltwater4life1
12/20/2009, 04:05 PM
I would adjust the cup as high as it goes and let it run for a little bit. Although i'm not 100% sure, Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

Reef_Dart21
12/20/2009, 04:11 PM
if i do that it jsut overflows with clean water and makes a mess (bump)

celano
12/20/2009, 04:20 PM
You're a little vague on details of the type of skimmer you're using but I would start by taking the skimmer offline and removing it from your system. Then take it completely apart and clean it out thoroughly. Any part that sucks air or pumps water you want to give a though flush with warm fresh water.
After you scrub it down if you feel the need to take it one step further you can give it a vinegar bath. This will help get the rest of those stubborn calcium deposits out.

These are just just general cleaning instructions that have helped me in the past with an overflowing skimmer.
I am also assuming you haven't added any chemicals/epoxies or anything else lately that would cause your skimmer to go "nuts" and overflow.