PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Wavebox Location

ReefPug
12/21/2009, 04:49 PM
I have a 60x30x24 tank with a center overflow. Has anyone mounted the Tunze to the side of the overflow facing one of the sides? I am just curious if this is worth the work to try it out.
Thanks for your suggestions.

koga57
12/21/2009, 05:18 PM
Sounds like you have the DSA 185 Neo series...I have the Neo 90 and have the tunze nano wavemaker mounted on the back right facing the front of the aquarium. It produces a good wave cresting in the opposite corner.

I tried putting the Tunze nano wavemaker where you are stating (right next to center overflow) but I got much better water movement moving it into the corner, facing the front of the aquarium

ReefPug
12/24/2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks Koga. About how high of a wave should I be getting? I have faced it forward from an outside corner, as well as facing the length of the tank. With it in the back corner there is a decent wave (about 1/2") and movement throughout the tank, but the majority of the energy gets wasted because it hits the side of the overflow. This is the standard Tunze Wavemaker so I am not sure if I am expecting too much???

ReefPug
12/26/2009, 10:12 AM
Anyone have any tips for getting a good size wave? I was contemplating mounting on the side of the overflow facing the side wall.....any opinions?