PDA

View Full Version : SPS with flame angel

The Saltman
12/21/2009, 08:29 PM
Hi guys,

Anyone successfully keep a flame angel with their sps?

pugbreath13
12/21/2009, 08:42 PM
There is alot of discussion on here about this. Most people say it's 50/50 to get one that does not nip at sps. I have tried twice, a friend once and another friend twice and they have all nipped. So IME it's no.

JAANDGC
12/21/2009, 09:02 PM
Mine has not started yet. He has been in there for a little over a month.

Bdimas
12/21/2009, 09:05 PM
Mine leaves my sps alone, but nips at my chalices. She's not causing any damage that i can see.

mixer911
12/21/2009, 10:13 PM
I had one for three months and she never touched a polyp. Unfortunately she did the leap of death out of my rimless :(

MAMGM
12/21/2009, 10:16 PM
No problems yet, going on 2 years with her

poolkeeper1
12/21/2009, 10:37 PM
I had one for three months and she never touched a polyp. Unfortunately she did the leap of death out of my rimless :(
Hey Rick, I just added a Flame to my Solana about 2 weeks ago and so far so good. I havn't seen It bother any SPS or anything else as a matter of fact. I'm sorry yours jumped I still have some of that mesh from the Jawfish buy If you want to make a cover, LMK and It's yours.
Also Merry Christmas to you and All your family, Say Hi to your Dad for me too. Hope his F/W tanks are still rockin, They were Amazing when I saw them that last time I was over.
Is that Blue frag I brought you doing OK as the mother Is going ByBy with the tank, But I took a frag for me too. Finally got that RKL working right after guessing how to work the Switch ports on this new version for a ATO..:dance:
See Ya Bill:bigeyes:

TTown
12/21/2009, 10:40 PM
Had 1 with SPS & had no problems. Very pretty fish.

mixer911
12/21/2009, 10:43 PM
Hey Rick, I just added a Flame to my Solana about 2 weeks ago and so far so good. I havn't seen It bother any SPS or anything else as a matter of fact. I'm sorry yours jumped I still have some of that mesh from the Jawfish buy If you want to make a cover, LMK and It's yours.
Also Merry Christmas to you and All your family, Say Hi to your Dad for me too. Hope his F/W tanks are still rockin, They were Amazing when I saw them that last time I was over.
Is that Blue frag I brought you doing OK as the mother Is going ByBy with the tank, But I took a frag for me too. Finally got that RKL working right after guessing how to work the Switch ports on this new version for a ATO..:dance:
See Ya Bill:bigeyes:

Hey Bill! You should love that Flame Angel. They are a great fish.

I would love to get some of that mesh from you. I have had way too many jumpers. That Blue frag is doing great!

Merry Christmas to you all also :wave:

RedTC
12/21/2009, 11:43 PM
I have had mine for about a year in my sps tank and no problems so far. All the fish are well fed and seem to keep each other busy and out of trouble. I know other people have had different experiences.

pancho
12/22/2009, 08:06 AM
Also had one with sps and no problems.

rholguin
12/22/2009, 11:28 AM
Mixer911 I hear you great fish did well in my sps dominated tank never nipped at any corals. Ive had 2 but both have jumped out of rimless too.

Gold Flake
12/22/2009, 11:34 AM
I have a flame and coral beauty with sps for about 7 months all, just added a goldflake angel so time will tell on that onee.

Will

TOM BLEVINS
12/25/2009, 12:20 AM
4 years and no problem, also have a gold flake to boot!

Tom

Laurier
12/25/2009, 01:32 AM
rule of thumb is to keep them well fed... so i have heard

my roomate has a coral beauty in his sps tank that doesn't nip but i still won't take the chance. with over $1000 worth of coral easily a $40 fish isn't worth the risk