PDA

View Full Version : different return pump which one do you prefer? very low noise..

jdthomas24
12/21/2009, 10:00 PM
ok i have deicded to run a new pump, larger one so that may run my chiller inline wiht it for the return. I have an ehiem 1060 which is 600GPH but it has about 8 foot of head pressure on it ( hose) and then with the chiller it will have about 18 foot. I need something that can be submerged and around 1000GPH but i would like it to be as silent as possible. any ideas? Mag 9.5 would be close but i heard they are loud.

Fish Ace
12/22/2009, 05:17 AM
ok i have deicded to run a new pump, larger one so that may run my chiller inline wiht it for the return. I have an ehiem 1060 which is 600GPH but it has about 8 foot of head pressure on it ( hose) and then with the chiller it will have about 18 foot. I need something that can be submerged and around 1000GPH but i would like it to be as silent as possible. any ideas? Mag 9.5 would be close but i heard they are loud.

From 8 to 18 feet, something tells me that you may be looking at it wrong. Adding horizontal line does not necessarily add to that much to the head. There's a head calculator somewhere around here use it and see what you need. Then look for pumps that are rated at that height, not at 0 feet. I would also be concern of wattage drawn.

gstuman
12/22/2009, 08:56 AM
Eheim 1262. Silent and about what you want for gph. I've run one for years with no trouble.