PDA

View Full Version : AC III .. this normal?

Versus
12/23/2009, 10:15 AM
Well have everything hooked up .. Everything seems to be working fine .. But the controller seems to self test itself a lot? doesnt turn off anything but does randomly like "self boot" or whatever .

wasnt doing this until i hooked it up to the dc8 .

Is this normal? doesnt seem like it

kenargo
12/23/2009, 10:21 AM
No, it isn't normal...

A few things to check:

* If you have not configured email be sure it is disabled
* If you are running 3.4 firmware there is an option for "AquaServer"; disable it.

Versus
12/23/2009, 11:09 AM
thanks ken ganna check that in a second i need to get a longer cable since my gamer adapter is fubar atm

Versus
12/24/2009, 06:58 AM
Ok well , brought it upstairs , plugged it in and email was on . So i turned it off . couldnt find the thing for aquaserver . Regardless when it was not plugged into the DC8 it had no issues.

When i brought it back down stairs , plugged it in and pressed up to check my ph / temp walla it reboots .. i mean it randomly does it just to be a little weiner but it does it 100% of the time when i press up .. might happen right away or a couple seconds when its showing ph temp .

Also does it while cycling through the menu . I noticed on the bottom when this happens the green light blinks .

No corals or anything in my tank yet , seems like its a fixable issue. Do I just send it in and wait to get told what the repair price will be?

( Also note : a couple months ago i had posted about how sometimes one of the characters while cycling through menus can sometimes look "odd" like a letter will be a very odd ascii character .. For whatever reason that only happened once i upgraded to 3.4 .. And have tried to update the firmware several times since then and I still get this issue )

kenargo
12/24/2009, 10:51 AM
I think at this point a call to neptune is in order (or email them: [email protected])