PDA

View Full Version : BRS Dosing Pumps

runningnreefing
12/23/2009, 12:14 PM
BRS Top Off Dosers are intermittent duty pumps and not meant for continuous non-stop operation. We recommend on/off cycles under a few hours to maximize life span.

Any problems with using these pumps continuously.

Lightsluvr
12/23/2009, 01:19 PM
Not sure if this thread was a question or a statement...

Here are the pumps I purchased for my dosing system.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/pumps-and-plumbing/dosing-pumps-and-auto-top-off-systems/drew-s-doser-peristaltic-dosing-pump.html

They will be turned on and off by a controller at different sequences, usually at night.

If I thought I needed to run them continuously at 1.5ml / minute, I would have ordered a pump with higher output.

Make any sense?

LL

runningnreefing
12/23/2009, 06:18 PM
Sorry about the ambiguity. I want to know if anyone runs their BRS dosing pumps continuously. I am manually dosing 2-part right now. I would like to automate the process with dosing pumps, and I thought the levels would be more stable if I dose a little throughout the day.

carpas
12/23/2009, 06:26 PM
Dosing a little through out the day is fine. You could have them go on every hour or couple hours from a timer no problem. They just mean not having the pump spinning away with out a break. It will will wear out quickly this way.

jbird69
12/23/2009, 06:50 PM
My BRS dosers are on a timer and dosing a portion every hour to reach my daily needs.

SkyPapa
12/23/2009, 08:52 PM
Not sure if this thread was a question or a statement...

They will be turned on and off by a controller at different sequences, usually at night.

LL\

I have been using the drew's dosrs for almost a year but I dose 8 times a day or every 3 hours.
Is there a reason to dose at night only?

mnml
12/23/2009, 10:37 PM
I just got the BRS dosers that dose ~1.1ml/min and the instruction says not to run them continuously more than 66 minutes at a time. If you need to dose more, just spread them out.

A sea K
12/24/2009, 08:00 AM
Also using the BRS 1.1lpm doser. Timer is set up for 5 applications at 20 mins each starting at 1am and ending at 1 pm, I use Randy's recipe 1 and dose at night to help balance PH swings.

runningnreefing
12/26/2009, 09:40 AM
Thank you all for your responses.