PDA

View Full Version : LPS and SPS

bluetang22
12/23/2009, 09:38 PM
what do i need beside Iodine, Magnesium and Calcium, what a bout food and nutrient.
thanks

Konadog
12/23/2009, 09:41 PM
Start with good water quality, than add only what you can test for. Calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium being some of the first things to test. Don't worry to much about food other than light to start with.

bluetang22
12/23/2009, 09:55 PM
Start with good water quality, than add only what you can test for. Calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium being some of the first things to test. Don't worry to much about food other than light to start with.

thanks, you have a happy holiday

HUNTINREDNECK
12/23/2009, 09:59 PM
if you feed i like coral frenzy you can some times find it at LFS or i order it from Dr foster lights food and water quality are keys also you will need to watch and start a daily or weekly dose of cal and alk if needed in my 200gal reef i add about 150ml of cal daily but I'm over loaded in sps and lps

HUNTINREDNECK
12/23/2009, 10:01 PM
and you will need to feed if you want groath

sedor
12/23/2009, 10:11 PM
Best thing to feed all coral is fish poop. LPS will usually consume things like cyclopeze or foods like coral frenzy or Rods food, but its not completely necessary IMO, although you probably would see faster growth. SPS on the other hand, can't even consume those types of foods and will rely solely on fish poop. Be careful with those foods, because a lot of times you are just adding nutrients to the tank.

Also, you won't need to dose iodine.