PDA

View Full Version : Another Tang Question

dun2run
12/25/2009, 04:47 PM
I've already searched and couldnt find any info specific to my situation so here goes:
My first fish were a yellow tang and a sailfin tang(6' 125 gal). Added both at the same time and they are best buds. Both are very small (2-2.5 inches), would it hurt to add a small hippo tang? I'm really having a hard time deciding and I want to think ahead before I make a mistake I and the fish will regret.

brookers
12/25/2009, 05:55 PM
I've already searched and couldnt find any info specific to my situation so here goes:
My first fish were a yellow tang and a sailfin tang(6' 125 gal). Added both at the same time and they are best buds. Both are very small (2-2.5 inches), would it hurt to add a small hippo tang? I'm really having a hard time deciding and I want to think ahead before I make a mistake I and the fish will regret.

ive had my hippo tang for 2 years now, when i got him he was 2" long, now hes 6"long.
i personally think these tangs need more swim room than the yellow tangs. dont now what size your 125 is but i assume its something like a 4x2x2, whish means it will be ok in there for a year or so, but then youd have to upgrade or move him on. just my opinion !

Sardaukar
12/25/2009, 09:48 PM
ive had my hippo tang for 2 years now, when i got him he was 2" long, now hes 6"long.
i personally think these tangs need more swim room than the yellow tangs. dont now what size your 125 is but i assume its something like a 4x2x2, whish means it will be ok in there for a year or so, but then youd have to upgrade or move him on. just my opinion !

125 is generally a 6'x18" footprint tank. Given how small your other tangs are, I think adding a 2-3" hippo would work fine.

meatball87
12/26/2009, 06:47 PM
i have a hippo in a 125 for alittle over a year now and its as happy as can be just make sure it has plenty of swimming room and hinding spots

WethandsCT
12/26/2009, 06:54 PM
I have a yellow/naso/hippo/clown tang all under 3" in my 125.

Blownsvt
12/27/2009, 12:16 AM
you'll be just fine. go ahead and do it.

Iwishihadgills
12/27/2009, 02:12 AM
Youll be good with those three but sailfins grow super fast

MrMoses
12/27/2009, 11:25 AM
I have had success with curbing my yellow tangs aggression by putting plastic canvas as a divider in the tank for a day or two when adding new fish. You can get it anywhere that sells craft supplies. It is really cheap and comes in different sizes.