PDA

View Full Version : Mixing clowns together need help? ASAP

Reef_Dart21
12/25/2009, 08:39 PM
My main question is...could i introduce a clarkii clown to my false clown(1 1/2inch) that has occupied my tank for about one or one and a half years? Or should i not risk it and go with another false?

quick respones are appriceated

davelin315
12/25/2009, 08:43 PM
Clarkii are pretty mean in my experience. I imagine if the Clarkii is big enough, it'll kill the false perc (?). Otherwise, I think it will eventually grow large enough to cause many headaches and the eventual death of the ocellaris. I'm assuming that "false clown" is referring to this species...

Apercula
12/25/2009, 08:44 PM
Short term the ocellaris will probably bully the clarkii, long term the clarkii will dominate the ocellaris. I wouldnt mix them myself.

Amici316
12/25/2009, 08:45 PM
I vote no unless its a big tank (125g). Clarkii are pretty darn mean, I would pick up another Ocellaris and not risk the fighting.

Reef_Dart21
12/25/2009, 08:48 PM
Is their a another out of the ordinary clown that would mix well? Maybye like an ora naked clown? or misbar clown? or black clown?

And yes i was reffering to the ocellaris

Reef_Dart21
12/25/2009, 09:36 PM
:uzi:bump

clowns101
12/25/2009, 10:10 PM
Is their a another out of the ordinary clown that would mix well? Maybye like an ora naked clown? or misbar clown? or black clown?

And yes i was reffering to the ocellaris

YES!You can!If you have a Ocellaris they will get along just fine as NAked clowns,Some Picosso clowns,Misbar,and the Black Ocellaris!

All the clowns that you have naned are within the "Ocalleris Complex".SO they should get along just fine.I wont say there might be a fight every now an then but I dont think there will be problems like a Clarkii and an Ocellaris!

Thanks,
Austin/clowns101