PDA

View Full Version : Midas Blenny ?

ag92
12/27/2009, 01:38 AM
I have a 55g mixed reef. Current occupants include a pair of perc's. I want to add an African Midas Blenny, a diamond goby, and some threadfin cardinals. Will these fish get along well with each other? If not does anyone have any reccomendations for some active fish that will occupy the different levels of my tank?

Stumped
12/27/2009, 01:51 AM
I have a 55g mixed reef. Current occupants include a pair of perc's. I want to add an African Midas Blenny, a diamond goby, and some threadfin cardinals. Will these fish get along well with each other? If not does anyone have any reccomendations for some active fish that will occupy the different levels of my tank?

The only thing that it might be aggressive toward in your tank would be the diamond goby. By the way, I wouldn't really consider a midas blenny to be an active fish by any means. Although they do often move around the tank, the vast majority I've seen tend to tuck themselves into the rockwork and just poke their heads out. The one I have, has his favourite spot where he can be found like 99% of the time.

In terms of other reccomendations for active fish it depends on how much you're willing to spend. You could get a yellow assessor basslet, or a swissguard basslet, but I believe both are in the $100 range. Also there are many reef safe wrasses you could add in a 55g tank (too many to list)

kwpgrooming
12/27/2009, 10:31 AM
Midas blennies are awesome fish. Mine is does tuck himself in his hole, but he is out just as much as my other fish and swims everywhere especially during dinner time.

reefkeeper2
12/27/2009, 02:31 PM
Here's mine