PDA

View Full Version : Crocea Moved

rdnyva
12/27/2009, 01:13 PM
I have had this 3 inch Crocea for about a year. It is/was attached to a piece of LR. About 6 months ago I moved it a little higher up on the rocks next to another Crocea about the same size. All was well until this morning when I found it on the sandbed. There where no bysall threads visible. I'm assuming the clam detached itself. I'm wondering why after doing so well for the past 6 months it would do this. I placed it back up on the original LR in the hope it reattaches itself. It has opened nicley and looks as it normally does. Any suggestions/recommendations/observations? Anything I should be on the lookout for? Thanks in advance.

moliken
12/27/2009, 02:01 PM
nipping is the only thing that comes to mind. that can cert'ly start suddenly.

cakemanPA
12/27/2009, 07:51 PM
My Crocea just moved after several months. I think it was getting a little crowded by my Max. I just put it on the sand with a piece of rock under it. I will move it up when it reattaches itself.

rdnyva
12/28/2009, 08:22 AM
I don't think nippping is the problem. The only fish in the tank are 2 tangs, a yellow and a powder blue, a six line wrasse, a royal gramma and 2 small ocellaris clowns. The PB has been in the tank for 3 months, all the others more than 2 years.

moliken
12/28/2009, 09:58 AM
inverts?

rdnyva
12/28/2009, 11:18 AM
about 20 blue leg hermits, some nassarius and cerith snails, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp and a cuke. They have been in there for a long time, nothing added recently.