PDA

View Full Version : Bristletail Filefish(Acreichthys tomentosus) reef safe?

Finsky
12/27/2009, 09:01 PM
I have thought of putting a pair of Bristletail Filefish in my reef tank with seven goinioporas, six lobed brain corals, two red rose bubble tip anemones, palythoa polyps along with a purple tang, powderblue tank, etc. Does anybody have any experience with these species?

Stumped
12/27/2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1764584

Oddly enough someone just posted this same thread today, check there for replies.

Reef_Dart21
12/27/2009, 09:51 PM
I have thought of putting a pair of Bristletail Filefish in my reef tank with seven goinioporas, six lobed brain corals, two red rose bubble tip anemones, palythoa polyps along with a purple tang, powderblue tank, etc. Does anybody have any experience with these species?

heh, you posted same question as i did and still no good answers

nikon187
12/27/2009, 10:27 PM
mine was not. picked at brains, zoos and acans

Varanus37
12/28/2009, 12:57 AM
Mine was absolutely. Devoured Aip's and now eats just about any kind of food I put in the tank. He's been a model citizen so far. No aggression issues and no picking anything that wasn't food or a pest. I've got a pair of clowns, trio of firefish, six-line wrasse and blue sided wrasse in a 75 with all sorts of corals and a good size clam. Full compliment of CUC inverts and feather dusters as well. No problems with anything that I've ever seen and no noticeable decline in coral health or PE since he's been in the tank.

Bill

racerw
12/28/2009, 06:10 AM
I started out with 3. 2 of them ate zoas, the 3rd one is a perfect fish does not bother anything

jmaneyapanda
12/28/2009, 06:23 AM
heh, you posted same question as i did and still no good answers

Thanks for the insult.

Reef_Dart21
12/28/2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the insult.

Let me clarify by no good answers i ment their are no answers that say introducing the filefish will have a positive ending sorry should of rephrased it

theisdept
12/28/2009, 01:47 PM
I read conflicting info on file fish a lot.

Varanus37
12/28/2009, 09:10 PM
I've read the same. From the sounds of it I'm just very lucky to have the fish that I do. I wonder if it makes a difference having Aip's for them to eat from the start? They have an available food source and then pick up on eating the fish food as they go.

Maybe you introduce them into a tank with no Aip's and they pick rocks to check for the nems. No nems and they munch a few corals. Realize that's a nice flavor and keep right on going. Just a random thought.

Bill