PDA

View Full Version : Tiny red creatures on the glass

paal
12/28/2009, 10:43 AM
Hi.
Mmy tank is about one month old now. Only thing I've added is LR and with it I've gotten some bristeworms and feather dusters. (thats all that I know of anyway...)

Today when I turned on the lights I did a close inspection on the glass to see if I was gonna scrape it for algae. Then I discovered what I first thought was a "new type of algae", but suddenly I saw it move(!) :)

These creatures are red, tiny (less than a millimeter) and there are many houndreds of them on my glass (not sure if theres even more on the rock) Because of their size, there is no way I will be able to take a picture of them. They are so tiny, I cant even determine what shape they are... just red "dots" slowly moving around.

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks.

ramblinreefer
12/28/2009, 10:54 AM
Probably Flatworms if they look like this:http://www.seaslugforum.net/images/m5836conva.jpg

ramblinreefer
12/28/2009, 11:04 AM
Meant to attach in post. If you do have them try to siphon as many as you can with some small tubing. They can do some damage to corals. 94772

paal
12/28/2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the reply.

They are so tiny, I can't really say. There is no way for me to see them unless I position myself so that my black overflow box comes up in the background. Even if I find a spot with 50-100 of them relatively close to eachother, they "dissapear" if not alligned with the overflow box.

I just had another look. Some of them seem to look more "classic worm-like" (thin and long) in shape compared to those flatworms, but its really hard to tell.

EDIT: There is not only hundreds of them... more like thousands :S