PDA

View Full Version : pH2 reading 77.0?

MrSandman
12/28/2009, 11:14 PM
i have an AC3 with 2 pH probes installed in pH and pH2 respectively. pH2 is on the calcium reactor. For the last couple weeks or so i noticed that the readings on pH2 was rock solid at 7.45 and never moved. So finally i went ahead and tried to calibrate and when i put it into the 7 solution it didn't move at all. I tried the 10 solution (and the 4 solution) to see what it would do and still it didn't move. so i went ahead and tried to exit out and it said the probe was defective and was going to revert to the initial setting. So it went back to the initial setting and now my pH2 is reading at 77.0. Any ideas what is wrong? i have a new pH probe coming in tomorrow but when i just tried swapping probes this evening with my 1 working probe ph2 read 99.5 with the good probe. Just doesn't sound right. I haven't messed with any other settings so i'm not sure what it could be. Any ideas anyone?

kenargo
12/28/2009, 11:18 PM
It sounds like the probe port got changed to ORP (actually it sounds like a temperature reading but I suspect you would have caught that)...

Be sure the port is PH enabled and not ORP enabled.

MrSandman
12/29/2009, 03:05 AM
It sounds like the probe port got changed to ORP (actually it sounds like a temperature reading but I suspect you would have caught that)...

Be sure the port is PH enabled and not ORP enabled.

Hey Ken,

Yeah, i checked the port and it is configured/enabled properly. Also, it does sound like a temperature reading but i'm not sure what i can do about that.

MrSandman
12/29/2009, 11:56 AM
Just thought i would update this thread in case others have a similar issue. I went ahead and emailed Curt last night and he responded early this morning. Great customer service BTW. Anyways he said that the probe is likely broken and that the calibration constants somehow got corrupted. The fix to bring it back to a normal range was to go into calibration mode and attempt to calibrate it and the pull the power in the middle of the settling process of the 1st solution. I did just that and the results are back to a more normal range. Now i just need to get the new probe in the mail so i can confirm that all is working well again.

MrSandman
12/30/2009, 01:09 PM
Another update. Got the new pH probe in today, installed and calibrated it and all is back to normal.

kenargo
12/30/2009, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear it; so it was a bad probe...