PDA

View Full Version : wtb: 65 gallon tank

elmatth1
12/29/2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone have a 65 gallon tank for sale, or anything with a 30 or 36 inch width and between 18 and 24 inch depth? I'm upgrading from my 20 long, so I'd like something a little bigger than a 40 breeder. I know the 65 gallon is 36x18x24, and that would be perfect, but others would work too. If anyone has a 40 breeder for a good price though, i'd probably be willing to go that route. I really don't have a ton of money to spend on it though, so please don't PM with with a $400.oo tank, cause i really can't afford it.

I tried to buy the one from gsvettec4 when it was listed last month, but never heard back. Anyone know what happened to him/her?

Eric

FloatingFish
12/29/2009, 06:39 PM
PMed

Dave Dunbar
12/29/2009, 08:19 PM
A guy just listed a 40B on BNreef.com
Dave

elmatth1
12/29/2009, 11:10 PM
Dave, thanks for the heads up. I'm not a member of BNreef, so i'll have to wait to get a confirmation e-mail from them sometime over the next 24 hours to see the post.

FloatingFish, sent you a PM back... thanks for the offer.

elmatth1
01/01/2010, 08:09 AM
Only one person in this area has a 65 or similar size tank for sale?

I tried to get on BNreef.com to see the 40gal posted there, but haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail back to join the site.

I looked at Petsmart for one, but they only sell the tank with the stand and flourescent hood, which I don't need. No luck on Craigslist either unless I want to drive to Chicago.

Hoping to find one soon, just bought some more corals from Logan12 the other day and don't have room in my 20L to put them. They're all on the sand bed for now!

macaw1us
01/02/2010, 09:09 PM
Check out glasscages.com
They will be coming though on the 16th or 17th of January.
They are bringing me a 67 Starfire.

Their 65 gal. is $121 plus $36 delivered

I have had good luck with them on several tanks.

Chuck in Normal

elmatth1
01/03/2010, 01:27 AM
Chuck, that's not a bad idea. I just checked their site and they sell a 50 tall for 92 bucks or a 70 tall for 154 bucks. If shipping is really only $36 to Decatur, i'm gonna have to go that route! Alot cheaper than buying a Marineland tank from Petsmart, and probably better quality, too!

macaw1us
01/03/2010, 11:00 AM
You might have to drive to Champaign or Bloomington to pick it up.
They drive a certain route and drop them off on the way, I live in Normal and would be glad to pick it up for you until you can come get it.

syrinx
01/03/2010, 11:27 AM
I would just pick one up from sailfin- in fact I did. I seldom recommend that shop, as I am not fond of the owners way of doing business. However glasscages has a far worse reputation for the way they do business and deal with problems. I would do a search on the vender comment section of RC.

elmatth1
01/05/2010, 05:53 PM
Well, I just picked up a 56 gallon Marineland tank from Petsmart today. I thought about ordering from Glasscages, but after reading all of the negative feedback, I don't think i'm going to risk it. Plus, they said that I would have to wait till the middle of February and pick it up along Rt.57 somewhere. Marineland tanks probably aren't the best, but i've had several and never had any problems. Plus, the price isn't too bad. Now, I just gotta get going on another tank build.