PDA

View Full Version : Delay Timer??

ShadowViper
12/29/2009, 05:09 PM
Ok since I can only set the offset for the Sun timer up to 2 hours, I need to find a way to delay my 400 watt bulbs by another hour and a half or so. Basically I want to run my 250's about 8hrs of the roughly 12hrs of the sun cycle and have my 400s run roughly 6hrs of the day.
As in
If Sun 120/-120 Then MH1 ON (250s)
If sun 1800/-180 Then MH3 ON (400s) <---- Need to find an alternative to this since the offset can only be a max of 120 (2hrs)

Was thinking something like this
If Timer MH1 ON Then MH3 ON
SOME SORT OF DELAY STATEMENT (keep MH3 off for XXX amount of time then let it on)

Even if the above was possible the problem becomes when do the lights turn off (as i would want them to turn off before MH1 turns off).

The controller btw is a AquaIII Pro using firm. 3.4.

Any suggestions would be great.

Personal suggestion for curt--- next firmware increase sun offsets to up to 4 hrs would be great since other functions can be set using this timer.

kenargo
12/29/2009, 08:22 PM
Ok since I can only set the offset for the Sun timer up to 2 hours, I need to find a way to delay my 400 watt bulbs by another hour and a half or so. Basically I want to run my 250's about 8hrs of the roughly 12hrs of the sun cycle and have my 400s run roughly 6hrs of the day.
As in
If Sun 120/-120 Then MH1 ON (250s)
If sun 1800/-180 Then MH3 ON (400s) <---- Need to find an alternative to this since the offset can only be a max of 120 (2hrs)

Was thinking something like this
If Timer MH1 ON Then MH3 ON
SOME SORT OF DELAY STATEMENT (keep MH3 off for XXX amount of time then let it on)

Even if the above was possible the problem becomes when do the lights turn off (as i would want them to turn off before MH1 turns off).

The controller btw is a AquaIII Pro using firm. 3.4.

Any suggestions would be great.

Personal suggestion for curt--- next firmware increase sun offsets to up to 4 hrs would be great since other functions can be set using this timer.

:dance: Sounds like a good reason to upgrade to an Apex (max times are 600 for the SUN command).

The Apex also has a delay command (DEFER) that has a max of 999:99 and can be used with the "If Outlet" ('if timer' to you).