PDA

View Full Version : Why do I never see my goldenhead sleeper.

Crustman
12/29/2009, 07:17 PM
Put him in the tank 4 days ago and don't know where he is staying. Ended up in my overflow once and I had to fish him out. This is covered now. Some sand on a Acan but I don't know if he or my jawfish did this. How can I spot feed a fish I can't see? This is the shyest fish i have ever owned. I see these fish in dealers tanks and they are out in the open sifting. Mine might as well be a ghost.

Sisterlimonpot
12/29/2009, 07:21 PM
It may just be the stress, he may still be getting used to his new environment. Have you seen him at night?

csal1-175
12/29/2009, 07:28 PM
X2 maybe just setteling in..

Crustman
12/29/2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks, one time I saw him at night he was moving about banging on the front glass. He did this around my clam also and nearly got clamped on by the squamosa. The lst fish that ended up in the overflow was a yellowheaded jawfish and was never seen again after I got it out. Was buying the sleeper a mistake? Fish was small 3 inches but with great color and blue head stripes. I don't have a sifter.

Sisterlimonpot
12/29/2009, 07:42 PM
4 days is too early to tell, hopefully it will get more comfortable and come out in the open.

DJREEF
12/29/2009, 07:44 PM
Gobies do that kind of stupid crap at first. He should settle in. If he doesn't, he's toast.

DJ

Crustman
12/29/2009, 07:47 PM
The wait is killing me though. I hunt for him with a flash light and a uv light. Must have dug in the sand bed behind the live rock. He has plenty of pods and polychaetes to eat. My Mandarin will share.

jparadise
12/29/2009, 07:49 PM
Gobies do that kind of stupid crap at first. He should settle in. If he doesn't, he's toast.

DJ

x2 mine disappeared for almost 2 weeks before he really started coming out.

Crustman
12/29/2009, 08:04 PM
x2 mine disappeared for almost 2 weeks before he really started coming out. Good to hear!

jpkboca
12/29/2009, 08:13 PM
Not the same fish, but my mandarin goby still rarely comes out in the open after 4 months, but I see him occasionally [tonight as matter of fact]. I really wish he'd come out in the open more often then hidign in the rocks, all my other fish are out all the time and happy as can be.