PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Thurge
12/30/2009, 02:56 PM
Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Did anybody get any Stomatopod related presents?
My LFS got in a 4" Female (I think) Peacock a couple of days before Christmas and if everything tests out good tonight I think I am going to go pick her up after work tomorrow. I was going to wait until after the holidays and find an O.havanensis, but she seems fated for me. :D Then again she may be gone when I get there tomorrow. Unfortunately she will have to go into my unreinforced 15 for a while, but I think there will be plenty of room until I can get an acrylic something-or-other. Just got to re-aquascape it since it was intended for the O.havanensis.

Nightwitch
12/30/2009, 07:39 PM
Got a 40 breeder for my peacock. She's still only 3.5 or 3.75 inches long, but I thought she would really appreciate the space.

Thurge
12/31/2009, 08:33 AM
Very nice. I always prefer to keep my mantis in larger tanks also.

gozermantis
01/05/2010, 05:29 PM
did you get the peacock?

Thurge
01/06/2010, 08:42 AM
Not yet. I kind of keep hoping someone else will take it because I really was hoping to get a different species...
Plus we had to go christmas shopping fot my step son who just got back from Cleveland last night.

leshnign
01/06/2010, 10:15 AM
I got a few gift cards that I used for bulk mantis food (hermits/snails). Got a Pacific East Aquaculture gift certificate and bought a few Ricordea, and a couple new test kits from Dr.F&S.

micstarz
01/07/2010, 05:05 AM
Male P. ciliata :) Taking frozen food since Day 1, no problems!