PDA

View Full Version : Started to notice

Holyreefer
12/31/2009, 11:42 AM
If you tackle each one of the chemisy's one by one...(CA, MG, ALK)
its easier to understand
Like i didn't really understand it all at first, but then i started reading...and reading... and reading and i noticed you can tackle whatever issues you have and just bring it all together at the end...

Nice to know

vegaskid11
12/31/2009, 11:53 AM
I think the chemistry aspect of this hobby as a whole has been broken down and fed to the rest of us in a way that we understand and we can thank the leaders of this forum for that. :thumbsup:

PapaKlix
12/31/2009, 02:11 PM
If you tackle each one of the chemisy's one by one...(CA, MG, ALK)
its easier to understand
Like i didn't really understand it all at first, but then i started reading...and reading... and reading and i noticed you can tackle whatever issues you have and just bring it all together at the end...

Nice to know

in my opinion, Ca, Alk, Mg are much better understood as a whole in terms of how they interact with one in another in a healthy tank. my tank has dramatically improved since i made progress in my understanding of these parameters, how they work together and how to keep them STABLE.

Holyreefer
12/31/2009, 02:13 PM
in my opinion, Ca, Alk, Mg are much better understood as a whole in terms of how they interact with one in another in a healthy tank. my tank has dramatically improved since i made progress in my understanding of these parameters, how they work together and how to keep them STABLE.

Aint this the truth!
GOODNESS GRACEOUS!

Alex T.
12/31/2009, 02:16 PM
I agree with each of you. Never really paid attention in science class, but now that I need the info, it's nice to have things broken down in a manner that each of us can understand. Sometimes I think we worry so much about "calcium" that we totally miss the whole picture. Amazing how inter-related it all is. Reading to the point of being redundant and listening to the smarter people on this forum has helped me tremendously. Keep it coming!!! Happy New Year all.

Holyreefer
01/02/2010, 11:18 AM
The crazy thing about it is my cousin has a garden hes very touchy about and i was reading he has the same concerns. Co2, nitrate, ph its crazy!