PDA

View Full Version : Torch Coral stinging clown (pic)

Sitarangi
12/31/2009, 04:12 PM
Heres the situation, a friend gave me his large torch coral (Euphyllia sp.) that was taking over his nano tank. Its about 6" in diameter. I had a black Occy. Clown that was bullied near death in my other tank by another clown. Eventually, I was able to get him out and put him in my 29g. The other tank mates are 2 bangaii cardinals and a tailspot blenny. The clown clearly had bites on his fins and was deathly afraid of anything including when I fed him. After a couple weeks he did better and shortly began to host the torch.

In the past couple of days, he spends nearly all day in it. He has developed a couple decently sized white spots on his fin and bottom left torso. He still is eating great and protects his torch pretty well. I'm concerned given all his stress he may have gotten brook or some sort of disease. Here is a picture of the torch, hes somewhere in it right now.

TL;DR: stressed out clown develops decent sized white 'bumps' after hosting in a torch coral. Is that a problem...?

http://i50.*******.com/xqkrxh.jpg

elegance coral
12/31/2009, 07:43 PM
I don't think the torch has anything to do with it. It's most likely an infection/disease. You will probably need to post a pic of the fish so that someone can ID the problem.

Sitarangi
01/02/2010, 03:15 AM
I'll do my best to get a picture. He spends nearly all his time in the torch and I only have a cell phone for a camera. The spots on his side have seem to gone away, I think those might have been from the torch. His left fin however still looks bad. I describe it as a white-almost purple coloration, it doesn't really bulge out.