PDA

View Full Version : zeostart2 vs vodks

heller792
01/01/2010, 03:02 AM
Been looking into vodka dosing but i already add zeostart2. Is this the same thing. My Nitrates are undetectable now on a salifert and so is my phos. Im a little confused by all the science, is zeastart2 and zeo bac the same as Microbacter7 and vodka? I dont currently add any bacteria but would it bring anything beificial to my tank if i did. Also should i keep my phos reactor going while dosing zeostart.

Thanks for help, Dave

HighlandReefer
01/01/2010, 09:33 AM
What components are in the Zeo products is unknown. You are at the manufacturer's mercy. :lol:

I would recommend that advanced hobbyists who have a thorough understanding of the principles, chemistry & other aspects of this hobby use the Zeo products and understand that these products are for sps coral tanks. These products delve into areas that are more experimental in nature.

If you are not having problems with high nitrate and/or high phosphate levels, I don't see the need for these products or vodka dosing. All that is necessary to get a "Tank of the Month" is to maintain the proper water parameters by adding the necessary amount of calcium, alkalinity and magnesium that your tank occupants need, do proper water changes and proper tank maintance along with proper lighting.

Mike O'Brien
01/01/2010, 12:32 PM
Been looking into vodka dosing but i already add zeostart2.

It's a Carbon source, yes.

heller792
01/01/2010, 01:21 PM
heres my tank, its only 5 weeks old as this is mp upgrade. I swapped the dsb over from the old tank and i think i released some nutrients as the more colourfull corals have gone a little darker. Ive spoke to bob on the zeovit forum and as im already adding zeo start he recommends that i add zeo bac and after a month if i want to see even greater colour then add half a litre of zeo stones in a mesh bag in the sump and scrunch it up 3 times a week. What do you guys think?

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r413/heller792/301209.jpg

Thanks Dave