PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a small tank to get my wife interested

Lurking
01/01/2010, 04:12 PM
Hello all,

I recently have begun to obsess on reef tanks. A few months ago I started working for a company in the Los Angeles area that deals in the aquatics industry. As a result The boss now has me maintaining a 315g tank in the front and a 75g tank in the back. It has been fun as well as informative these three months.

The only problem is when I come home I have no tank to look at or care for. The wife however is not so keen on me lugging a giant tank in the house:sad2:

So I was hoping to warm her up with a little nano system in the room and hope for the best.

Can you guys recommend a fairly small and easily maintainable nano system?

Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance for any and all info.

sweet d
01/01/2010, 04:46 PM
any small all in one unit would do the job i have solana and love it although a bot pricey due to having to buy lights seperate if looking to go a little cheaper a nanocube is affordable and comes with lighting already.so basically it comes down to how much you want to spend and how big you want to go.

Lurking
01/01/2010, 05:13 PM
any small all in one unit would do the job i have solana and love it although a bot pricey due to having to buy lights seperate if looking to go a little cheaper a nanocube is affordable and comes with lighting already.so basically it comes down to how much you want to spend and how big you want to go.

As far as the lighting goes I am not to concerned as that is what the company I work for does:lol2: If needed I am sure I can place a swing arm MH or a small T5.

Really I think I am looking for no larger than 16g or so and something that is easy to set up. I am not to sure as to what the cost on something like this would be.