PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp in fresh mix of water

southstar066
01/02/2010, 07:38 PM
I pulled two shrimp from my DT because I am going to start dosing for red bugs. I am giving them to a buddy but need to store them until tomorrow. I have them in tupperware now, but know oxygen will run out soon. I have a bucket of fresh salt mix, is it ok to put them in there till tomorrow, or will they die?

southstar066
01/02/2010, 08:05 PM
bump

jdak
01/02/2010, 08:56 PM
Wouldn't do it. You should do a water change in your tank and keep the old water. Then you can rotate the water for them. What kind of shrimp are they?

Frick-n-Frags
01/02/2010, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't do it. You should do a water change in your tank and keep the old water. Then you can rotate the water for them. What kind of shrimp are they?

me neither^, give them a container of tankwater. they can hang out in there for a coupl of days as long as the water doesnt get too cold. it is the water they are used to. it will minimize stress.

fresh mixed saltwater is going to be some kind of stress as it is somewhat different than the tank water

sedor
01/02/2010, 10:07 PM
I would probably put an airstone or something in there just for safekeeping. If thats not possible you could probably get away with it, companies ship shrimp and they are subjected to far worse conditions.

lordofthereef
01/02/2010, 10:26 PM
How much time and water are we speaking? I honestly suspect you would be just fine to keep them in the container until tomorrow. As said above, they get shipped in crappier situations.