PDA

View Full Version : Wave Point T5 HO bulbs

RobbyVonAwesome
01/03/2010, 04:06 PM
Has anyone had expreience with these bulbs? My LFS has a great price them but I was curious if anyone else has experience with them.

I picked one up for $15. It's the Coral Wave spectrum. It's supposed to be pink but my icecap ballasts always tend shift everything toward white. It's very slightly pink but I'm considering getting getting the redder Red Wave bulb.

If anyone has any feedback on these bulbs, it'd be much appreciated.

RobbyVonAwesome
01/04/2010, 11:59 AM
bump

beeker
01/04/2010, 02:05 PM
I Use the 24w version of the coral wave T5 coral growth accelerater lamp, on a hellolights electronic ballast, color is purpl/blue, same kindof pop as atinic with less blue more of a pink purple color, growth with these is good as well as color, switched from 2 giessman atinic+'s to these and love the combo with my 150w hqi pheonix 14k

Timmo760
01/04/2010, 10:33 PM
hey beeker- can you post a pic of what ur color combo looks like

i have the 24" wave point hood with 1- 12,000 2-actinics and 1- red wave. i did notice a little more growth with the red wave. with my combo there is just barely a pinkish tone, not really noticable tho. going to throw in one of their violet 03 super actinics whenever it comes in from shipping. i want more pop from my corals and more of a blue look.

with my combo its mainly a white light look