PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Graphs no longer viewable


Conesus_Kid
01/04/2010, 11:56 AM
Hi gang,

I'm pretty sure that this is NOT the correct place to post this, but I'm curious if anyone else is having trouble viewing the AC3 graph when using Firefox. This is a case where it worked fine up until the end of last week, then stopped working on Saturday.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.6 (but the problem also occurs in IE). I went to look at the graphs from my AC3 and I got a Java error. I then downloaded that latest version of Java, and the same thing happened.

I know NOTHING about Java, but am hoping that some of you do!

All of the other features (Status, Data Log, etc.) work fine.

Here's the error:

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17
Using JRE version 1.6.0_17-b04 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\skrebbeks
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------


java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 12
at aquagr.SetValsIntervalDescription(aquagr.java:658)
at aquagr.getParam(aquagr.java:320)
at aquagr.init(aquagr.java:127)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 12
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 12
at aquagr.SetValsIntervalDescription(aquagr.java:658)
at aquagr.getParam(aquagr.java:320)
at aquagr.init(aquagr.java:127)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 12


Thanks for any help you can provide!

RussM
01/04/2010, 01:17 PM
This is definitely the right place to post!



Some people posted about issues with Java in early Jan last year... it appeared to be some sort of minor date processing issue (the change from 2008->2009) that was resolved by a simple restart of the AC3. Perhaps the same thing is happening again. Try power cycling the AC3. Just keep in mind that the datalog will be lost when you do so, so you'll need to wait a half hour or so to let it accumulate some fresh data.
If that doesn't help, you could uninstall Java 1.6_17, and revert to an older version. If the older version(s) are not still installed, you can download previous builds from http://www.java.com
You are still using AC3 version 3.3 or earlier. v3.4 has been out for quite a while - among many other improvements, the graphs now use Flash instead of Java.

Ultimately, #3 is your best course of action, IMO.

Conesus_Kid
01/05/2010, 06:17 AM
Thanks, Russ! That was the issue. A restart of the controller fixed it.

Maybe I'll make some time this week to upgrade firmware.