PDA

View Full Version : Need help problem solving RO/DI issue.

Bzar
01/04/2010, 03:13 PM
I have a 100gpd 5 stage RO/DI unit (much like the BRS one). I've had the unit for 6 months, and it's made roughly 300 gallons of water. I also have a dual line HM TDS meter (usually 1 on the intake and 1 on the outlet). Water in usually reads around 070ppm, and water out reads 000ppm. I'm not 100% sure the filter brands now. My DI is very orange now though.

Yesterday I turned on the RO/DI to make up a batch, and I start getting some odd readings. "In" was reading 140ppm, and "out" was reading 024ppm. It seemed strange so I took a clean cup and filled it with water from the outlet, pulled both meters out and put them in the water. Both read 002ppm. I then tested with tap water and one said 240ppm and the other 140ppm. I then took some week old RO/DI water from a container and it read 007ppm on both.

Then I put the Inlet meter between the first three stages (sediment, carbon, carbon) and the membrane. The inlet meter was saying 100ppm and the outlet now was saying 000ppm again..... The only place I haven't checked is between the membrane and the DI.

Any thoughts on this? Is my TDS meter shot? are my filters shot? Very odd, confusing, and inconsistent readings.... hmmmm, I feel betrayed by my water filter or TDS meter..... The fragile trust is broken!!! :hmm2:

JeF4y
01/04/2010, 03:41 PM
I know that my TDS meters (inline) read HIGH TDS when I first start up my RO/DI after a few weeks of being off (I only make water once every 3-4 weeks). After I run it for 15 min or so they calm down and level out.