PDA

View Full Version : ATO issue

jdthomas24
01/05/2010, 12:30 AM
i had a problem with the ATO creating a syphon before but solved it with some help here and a little R & D work. I installed a extra 3 feet that i curled up over the sump and then dropped it from 3/8 to 1/4 and then back up to 3/8 on the end. This would stop the syphon form the pump in my garage that read of a float in the sump. Problem is that i put an extra float on the relay to run an alarm if the sump began to overflow. It went off tonight and the sump was overflowing into my emergency drain off which is only 5 more gallons. I have since discovered that the syphon does not stop all of the time now. It stops 9 out of 10 times but that 10th is the kicker. I tried to put a hole in the holding tank where the pump is right above the water line, it would cause the line not to prime up so i had to plug it with silicone. This was before i curled up hose above the sump BTW.

I am at a lose on this one. I thoguht about using a gravity ball valve that would open when pressure was applied but close when pressure stopped for backed up but who does what one there ATO's ??????