PDA

View Full Version : Ro/Di under the sink

saltwater4life1
01/05/2010, 04:13 PM
Hey guys i would like to put my ro/di unit under the sink but i'm wondering if that might be a bad idea. We have alot of bathroom cleaning stuff under there and when i open the cabinet you can smell it. Should i be worried or will it be fine?
Thanks
~Nick

nanojg
01/05/2010, 04:15 PM
thats where mine is, works fine, everything should be sealed on the unit so I don't think there should be a problem.

saltwater4life1
01/05/2010, 04:27 PM
Alright cool, I guess if anything just make sure the exit tube of the pure water is covered if i leave it under there when not in use? Also if i tap into the pipe i need to use a ball valve or something to to turn off the unit right? How about if i remove the unit do they make filler stuff?

Reefjunkee
01/05/2010, 05:13 PM
Mines there too...never had a problem.

saltwater4life1
01/05/2010, 07:43 PM
Hmm thanks guys,
Looks like I'll put it under there but i doubt I'll be tapping into the pipe we're renting and decided i rather not have to worry about patching a hole or replacing a pipe. Anyone know where i can find a faucet adapter that fits bathroom sinks? the one i got is to big for the bathroom but fits the kitchen sink. Do they make smaller ones?

fastandsneaky
01/05/2010, 07:56 PM
they have one on marinedepot. but why not just get a saddle valve? i rent too and recently just moved and when I took out the ro/di fixture i just shut the saddle valve off and there were no problems.

maynardjames
01/06/2010, 12:47 AM
bulk reef supply sells a a steel adapter for 2 or three dollars.they are usually cheaper then marinedepot. you might also find one at local plumbing store, lowes, or home depot.

saltwater4life1
01/06/2010, 12:21 PM
I just though after looking under there that just finding an adapter would be easier. We'll see i'll look at it again, Just when your done you leave it on the pipe? Hmm...

Thanks i actually have the one from bulk reef supplies but it's a little to big... Unless its different then the one they ship with their units?