PDA

View Full Version : In what order should I add my new fish?

MrsHaggis
01/06/2010, 12:38 PM
I currently have a six-line wrasse in my tank and quite a bit of algae (although I am trying to manually clean it all out; but that's a whole other story).

Here is my fish list for my new 95-Gallon tank and they are in the order I want to add them. The only one I'm worried about is the Foxface - perhaps I should leave him until last, not really sure!! I want to add him sooner to help with the algae.

Also, am I at capacity here?

I will be having a mixed reef with corals (mainly Softies and LPS), crabs, 1 Fire Shrimp, 1 Cleaner Shrimp and 1 Peppermint Shrimp.

Fish List:

2 false percula clowns
foxface rabbitfish
3 chromis
flame hawkfish
coral beauty angel
purple firefish gobies

Does that sound like a good order?
I'd be leaving about 3 to 4 weeks between each new fish.

Thanks!!

thegrun
01/06/2010, 12:53 PM
If the clowns are small they will be fine to go 1st (they are hardy), but if they are large (mature), they will get territorial fairly quickly and may bother some of the other fish as they are added. I would move the fire fish up to the #2 slot, as they are very shy and will adjust quicker if there are fewer fish in the tank when they are introduced. Assuming you have good filtration and a good skimmer, your tank should handle the load. I would only add a couple of fish a week at the most. I would also recommend a 4 week QT before you place any of the fish in the main tank. I don't see a problem with adding the foxface early; they generally don't bother other fish. Coral beauties can be somewhat aggressive (hit or miss), so I would keep it as one of the last to go in. Flame hawks can be fairly aggressive, you may want to leave it off your list.

Chiefsurfer
01/06/2010, 01:35 PM
the chromis are pansies too, so they can go early.