PDA

View Full Version : SPS and T5s

Gold Flake
01/06/2010, 04:38 PM
What tubes are the best the to get the greatest growth on sps corals.

I have a ati power module with 8x80w, the tubes i have are 5 ati blue specials, 2 ati blue plus and 1 kz fij purple.

On one of the uk forums someone said its best to have more blue tubes to get the best growth on sps and recommanded i swap out 2 more specials for blue plus.
Since there is lots and lots of amazing tanks running with t5s in the states, i thought i would ask over here,

So what do you guys think is the best tube combo.???

Thanks

kimber45
01/06/2010, 05:03 PM
i don't think blue helps that much from the reading i've done. they are more for our viewing pleasure.

i believe the best lighting is around the 10-12k range for growth.

The Grim Reefer
01/06/2010, 05:04 PM
What tubes are the best the to get the greatest growth on sps corals.

I have a ati power module with 8x80w, the tubes i have are 5 ati blue specials, 2 ati blue plus and 1 kz fij purple.

On one of the uk forums someone said its best to have more blue tubes to get the best growth on sps and recommanded i swap out 2 more specials for blue plus.
Since there is lots and lots of amazing tanks running with t5s in the states, i thought i would ask over here,

So what do you guys think is the best tube combo.???

Thanks

There probably isn't a hill of beans difference between the Blue Plus and Aquablue when it comes to growth. I would just stick with what you have and see how it goes assuming you like the look.