PDA

View Full Version : Which goby to get?

dun2run
01/06/2010, 10:29 PM
Thinking of getting a sand sifting goby tomorrow, any suggestions?

bjhubb
01/06/2010, 10:49 PM
I am thinking about adding one in the near future. I have heard many reefers say that they are their favorite fish.

Lateralus
01/06/2010, 11:00 PM
Twin spot goby's are cool lookin

rbnice1
01/06/2010, 11:04 PM
For sand sifting nothing beats a orange diamond goby. Those things are like living shovels.

Dante_JoseCuerv
01/06/2010, 11:06 PM
For sand sifting nothing beats a orange diamond goby. Those things are like living shovels.

+1. I honestly prefer dragon gobies but orange diamonds are unrivaled.

grizwalt333
01/06/2010, 11:15 PM
I had a Orange Spotted Goby he was a shovel almost problematic, toppling rocks and so forth. But was ( :(Carpet Surfer) one of my favorite fish. I have now a Yellow Watchman and he tried to jump out of my tank too but landed in the over flow style inlet to my Canister. I couldn't find him for a month, till i cleaned my filter. But he is a trooper doesn't move much sand thou little piles. Really cool fish I want a goby tank.

dun2run
01/07/2010, 06:25 PM
Picked up an orange spotted goby today. After putting him in the tank he went right to work. Great, great addition. Also got an awesome deal on a few firefish. Glad I went fish shopping today.:D

atreyu917
01/07/2010, 06:29 PM
Twin Spots can be hard to keep alive from what I hear. I vote Dragon. Although not the most stunning, they have such good personalities! If you don't want one of those my Goldenhead is a sand sifting beast. He crop dusts though. haha. Then I have always like the Tiger Watchmens

crzytrace
01/08/2010, 11:41 AM
My Goldenhead is the same way. Most of the sand that was behind my rockwork is now in front in huge piles. I really wish he would chew sand in one spot instead of spreading it all over everything. He does do an awesome job though

Cassidy1016
01/08/2010, 06:02 PM
I love our goldenhead he does a great job! Our sand has never looked better! Plus he is so much fun to watch!!

fishnut321
01/08/2010, 06:11 PM
just try to wean them onto mysis. The trick i used to get mine to feed is i used a long feeding turkey baster and slowly released mysis in front of the fish's den. Once hes taking mysis from the baster, he will start to associate the baster with food and then you can switch up the foods. Its great too when they first enter the tank since most times they will be shy and you can at least make sure they get some food while they settle in.