PDA

View Full Version : Missing Copperband Butterfly!

DjProd313
01/07/2010, 12:44 PM
Any ideas on what might have happened to my copperband? I had a fairly good size copperband probably about 4 inches long that just went missing all of a sudden. I last seen him saturday when I did a water change. I did a good sweep of my tank to see if I can find the body but nothing. I moved some rocks that I knew my goby had dug under and check some sand in the back of the tank but nothing at all and it didn't jump out.

My tank population: Blonde Naso Tang, Blue Hippo Tang, Fox Face, 2 Clowns, Coral Beauty angel, Lunare Wrasse, Sixline Wrasse, Diamond Goby, Scarlet hermits, blue leg hermits, Blood red fire shrimp, turbo snails, cerith snails, nasarious snails, and margarita snails. And tons of various corals

AwkwardParrot
01/07/2010, 01:35 PM
What size tank? How are the corals? What are your water leavels? And pictures may help.

DjProd313
01/07/2010, 01:40 PM
I have a 55 gallon tank. All my corals are wide open and fine. I also forgot to mention that I have a large serpent star. I will check my parameters again today but Saturday my nitrates and phosphates were high before I did a water change. I will post a pic later

AwkwardParrot
01/07/2010, 01:49 PM
Check the floor.....that is a lot of big fish in a small area. You may want to start thinking of up-grading to a 220g tank, to say the least, or it is time to sell a few of them. The "listed" size of tank per fish is never right and you may want to read this thread,

Does size matter? Who is right? (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1770955)

Good luck.

Snowmass80
01/07/2010, 02:22 PM
good luck but i have had a serpent star devour fish rather quickly after they died

jarrett shark
01/07/2010, 07:06 PM
any news on the fish????

DjProd313
01/08/2010, 06:32 AM
Still no signs of the fish. I moved just about all of my rocks and sifted through the sand and still no trace. The serpent must have eaten it. But my serpents main body is a little bigger than a quarter and the butterfly was about 4 inches long. Is that even possible? Plus I have noticed that my serpent has been in the open during the day just sitting in one spot when it is usually hiding in a rock all day every day

lostintheocean
01/08/2010, 12:15 PM
maybe it was suicide from poor living conditions

DjProd313
01/08/2010, 01:55 PM
LOL. No that was not the case and I haven't found it on the floor anywhere. My water levels are always good. I had the butterfly since May and no issues. The only major problems I had was a major hair algae bloom. All my other fish, and corals are doing great.

jarrett shark
01/08/2010, 07:21 PM
maybe someone stole it?