PDA

View Full Version : eshopps skimmer

joeparrish
01/07/2010, 04:32 PM
Hi I just got my psk-100 skimmer from drsfosterandsmith and while putting it together read that it says it has to be in a minuim of 8in of water in the area of my sump that this will go is only 5in of water can I add a 90deg elbow to the pump so sits lower in the water? or is this not going to help I think by doing this the pump will be under water not sure if the loss of water height will efect anything else in this.

Sisterlimonpot
01/07/2010, 04:38 PM
it has to be in 8" or close to it. can you raise a baffle to raise water level in the skimmer section of your pump?

joeparrish
01/07/2010, 04:57 PM
it has to be in 8" or close to it. can you raise a baffle to raise water level in the skimmer section of your pump?

ya the way my sump is it I cant raise the baffle it is a old mairine tide pool with the bio wheel

is the 8in of water for the pump cooling and so that the pump does not run out of water or does the level in the skimmer at self get affected by the water level

Sisterlimonpot
01/07/2010, 05:03 PM
Nothing to do with cooling. It affects the efficiency of your skimmer. Your pump may not be strong enough to work effectively in that case you're going to need to upgrade the pump.

joeparrish
01/07/2010, 07:43 PM
This sucks now I dont know what I am going to do