PDA

View Full Version : Ordered the package

reefak
01/08/2010, 05:05 PM
I did it. I ordered the package and Richard says it is coming next week. This is worse than waiting for Christmas morning.
:bounce3:
I will take pics and post when it gets here.

reefak
01/12/2010, 10:48 PM
Hey Richard....any word on when I can expect my rocks? My tank looks lonely:fish1:

liverock
01/13/2010, 09:04 AM
Hey Richard....any word on when I can expect my rocks? My tank looks lonely:fish1:

We are in the freezer here....I have had ice on my windshield
for the last 7 days.......it has never been so cold here...for such a long duration...it has shattered all the records!

Has killed all the plants in the yard....my Mangos, grapefruit oranges...avocado..trees......all are history....

I did save my coconut tree by wrapping it with a heating pad, put a garbage can over it...and covered in two comforters....I think it is going to make it..

So I am not even going to attempt to dive....for at least a week.....I may make the trip to the Keys and get a load of rock there from my site in the marine Sanctuary. So is a hurry up and wait kind of deal.....

Soon as I can dive....will advise!

sea ya
Richard TBS

reefak
01/13/2010, 11:32 AM
I am sorry to hear about your landscaping getting wiped out. To loose all that great greenery that you guys can grow down there is such a shame.

liverock
01/13/2010, 11:42 AM
I am sorry to hear about your landscaping getting wiped out. To loose all that great greenery that you guys can grow down there is such a shame.

It will grow back...someday...but the worst part is the fish kills.....most of the fish farms are just east of here....100,000's of thousands of fish killed....this will put many out of business.

Tampa bay is 40 degrees right now.....lowest in recorded history.....the gulf also is at it's lowest ever recorded temp....but today is almost 60 here.....supposed to warm up for a few days....then the next cold wave comes....

Going to be interesting to say the least.

Richard TBS:hammer:

KCMO Reefer
01/13/2010, 01:12 PM
This Darn global warming!

Sorry to hear of the losses. I was reading about the tropical fish farm kills.

reefak
01/13/2010, 04:56 PM
Is the cold snap affecting your rock? You have put so much into what you do it would be terrible if this sets you back.

liverock
01/13/2010, 06:44 PM
Is the cold snap affecting your rock? You have put so much into what you do it would be terrible if this sets you back.

No problems with the rock...the Gulf is a tough parent!

sea ya
Richard TBS:lolspin::lolspin::lolspin:

reefak
01/14/2010, 01:57 PM
Ha Ha...I just read what my question sounded like. I know the rock is fine, I meant all the life on the rocks. :crazy1:

reefak
01/15/2010, 04:31 PM
Richard:
Wanted to make sure you received my last email about changing the amount of rock in my order. I want to get to 90 gal package, but downsize the rock to 140lbs. I currently have 50lbs of live rock that I purchased before I found you.

Hopefully you guys are warming up down there, we are a balmy 27 degrees.

small alien
01/16/2010, 11:15 AM
This Darn global warming!

Sorry to hear of the losses. I was reading about the tropical fish farm kills.

Indeed. Large and unusual weather fluctuations including extreme cold are a known and understood part of "climate change" or "global warming" as it's somewhat erroneously called. And it's foiled my need for ROCK!

Patience young jedi.