PDA

View Full Version : 250W Phoenix 14K users - bulb lifespan?

MeuserReef
01/09/2010, 01:51 PM
I run 250W Phoenix 14k lamps (DE) on my Reef and have just hit the 1-year mark on the bulbs Im currently using. Ive run them for 7hrs each day on Reef Fanatic E-ballasts. I already have new bulbs to replace them with, but am not sure if I have gotten all that Im going to get out of the current lamps.

I dont own (or have access) to a PAR meter so I would like to know if anyone out there has tested their lamps at the 1yr point with a meter and if the PAR had in fact dropped enough to justify changing them out.

I used to run the 150W versions on my old tank and occasionally went 14-16 months between bulb changes.

Thanks!

golfish
01/09/2010, 02:29 PM
No par meter here. I run SLS BW ballasts and replace the bulbs about every 9-12 months..

I start em at about 4-5 hrs a day and increase an hour once a month or so until I'm up to 8hr's.

That's always the plan and things do change depending on the tank.

rbnice1
01/09/2010, 04:44 PM
mine run 6 hours a day and mine are at 16 months old and I am thinking about replacing them in another couple months. My growth has been outstanding lately so I dont really want to mess with it right now.