PDA

View Full Version : need some clownfish breeding tips

egos4life
01/09/2010, 08:16 PM
I currently have a 20 gallon frag tank... I have a sump and skimmer its barebottom tank i am going to remove my frags and racks for the new clownfish. I bought a breeding pair of gold striped maroons. My question was should i add live rock to the tank sand or anything??? the sump has a ton of live rock just wasnt sure about the main part of the tank. Anyhow thanks in advance...

billsreef
01/10/2010, 08:34 AM
The pros typically use a pair tank with a piece of tile leaned up against a corner or side. You can use the rock if you like, they will use that as well.

flying_dutchman
01/10/2010, 04:00 PM
BB and no rocks is the easiest to clean. A tile postioned against the wall is the easiest to remove, but a rock would also work. A tile leaned up against a corner will provide shelter.
Good luck!

egos4life
01/10/2010, 09:28 PM
thanks I will leave it how it is just remove my frag racks and let these guys get comfy... I was told they were laying eggs every two weeks. My plan is to let them lay eggs and then after the first I will start my cultures and be prepared for the second clutch

phil519
01/11/2010, 11:37 AM
i would get the cultures started. Get a routine down and understand how to manage them without them crashing. Pick up a rotifer sieve while you are waiting.