PDA

View Full Version : 6" bristle worm

Guacamole
01/10/2010, 05:11 PM
man, i was looking in my tank to day and i saw this "thing" just thought i would share. It is about 6" long, and ugly.thing is i have no idea where it came from or how long its been in there lol. tank has been up for about 6 months

fishybudguy
01/10/2010, 05:44 PM
depending on your tank but bristle worms arent bad unless you have a very small tank being 55 gallons or less and they are infesting......worms are actually great cleaners so for what its worth dont freak out unless you have a small tank with tons of them...also 6" isnt that bad so good luck

Teelabrown
01/10/2010, 06:15 PM
I love our giant bristle worm! He has a name and everything: Congressman Tyvre. He's a great scavenger and when we had a crab that ate bristle worms, they would wage these epic chases. The crab would sometimes chase the Congressman, poking at him and wondering how to fit a 6" worm in his mouth, and the Congressman would chase the crab if the crab had a piece of squid. It was a constant source of entertainment.

Sk8r
01/10/2010, 06:18 PM
I try to cultivate them in my 55 g. They'll save your tank in the case something dies: ammonia kills: bristleworms don't.

DThompson
01/10/2010, 06:23 PM
I don't understand the under 55 gallon comment at all. My smallest tank is 4 gallons and is thriving with all types of life including several bristle worms. They are excellent scavengers.

theyammieguy
01/10/2010, 06:27 PM
Whats the glass looking thing right above the BW?

tahoe61
01/10/2010, 06:36 PM
man, i was looking in my tank to day and i saw this "thing" just thought i would share. It is about 6" long, and ugly.thing is i have no idea where it came from or how long its been in there lol. tank has been up for about 6 months

Took this worm out of my tank about a year ago. He sat in a jar for about 5 days because I did not have the heart to kill him. One year later he is over 12 inches easy and a great member of my CUC. Never touched anything in my tank, and comes out to eat with everybody else. Just another cool thing in my tank.:fish2:

RobH
01/10/2010, 06:50 PM

Thats just a little guy...should see the size of some in my tank. Sometimes I get scared to look in there at night! :rollface:

Guacamole
01/10/2010, 09:30 PM
ahh, yes that is an acrylic frag plug that came with a in tank magnetic frag holder i got this after noon, it had fallen, and when i went to get it i saw the beast lol