PDA

View Full Version : Zoa dying?

M88A2
01/10/2010, 10:05 PM
hi i have a tank that is nearing the end of it's cycle. 3 days ago i found some zoas on a piece of live rock at the very back corner of my tank so i clipped the rock the stems were on and glued it to a 1" rock. I then placed the rock in front about 2" from the top of the sand bed. The following morning i saw one was closed and the other was open but some of the edges were a little crumpled. 3 days later (today) it is the same thing. Also i had to move a mushroom that was touching the closed zoa. Do u guys think i messed up and they are goin to die or will they recover?

dalston
01/10/2010, 11:12 PM
Well I wouldn't say you messed up at all, you didn't go and intentionally buy a frag and add it to a cycling tank :) It came a a hitchiker so it's just that.

Zoa's can be pretty hardy so they might pull through the cycle. Unless you have a friend with a cycled tank that can hold them to recover until your ready, I would just see what happens.

M88A2
01/11/2010, 12:40 AM
ok, i hope they do pull threw, they look awsome to me. I did a 10% change too so i hope that helps.